Build Your Own Ubuntu Web Server
To build your own Ubuntu Web Server you will need either server hardware, an old desktop, or you will need to create a virtual machine on your currently existing hardware and operating system (OS). Some of the virtual clients you may choose are the following:
- VirtualBox (Windows/Mac/Linux): Supplied by Oracle for Free and is Open Source.
- Parallels (Windows/Mac/Linux): Normal pricing is approximately $79.99, but highly adaptable to your host environment.
- VMware (Windows/Linux/Mac): There are many flavors of VMware. Depending on the version you choose, the pricing may vary from $69.99 or more.
- QEMU (Windows/Linux): QEMU has a stable release for Linux and an experimental release for Windows. For Ubuntu server this can be installed during the OS installation, or after by issuing the following command:
sudo apt-get install qemu-kvm
- If you would like to also install the QEMU virtual manager you may use this command:
sudo apt-get install qemu-kvm qemu virt-manager virt-viewer libvirt-bin